Have a relaxing weekend at Subic Bay, experience an outdoor and horseback adventure at El Kabayo Stables, and visit the Wildlife in Need Rescue Center to see how wild animals are rescued and rehabilitated.
This weekend is perfect for a relaxing trip, lying at the beach and seeing some friendly creatures for the weekend.
The trip includes:
- Pick-up at bus stop in Subic Bay or Olongapo City
- Transfer for El Kabayo experience: 1.5 hour hike and indigenous Aeta survival adventure in EK trail
- Entrance to EK falls for lunch and relaxation, picnic lunch pack
- 30 min horseback ride back to EK stables
- Transfer to WIN Rescue Center visit
- Transfer to Ecoworkshop
- Shared airconditioned dorm bedroom
- Filipino breakfast next morning
- Transfer to Camayan Beach for a day under the sun
- Transfer to bus station for return to Manila
This trip aims to spread awareness about Wildlife in Need
and encourage more volunteers to help out. WIN’s mission is to ensure the welfare of individual animals and contribute to the conservation of threatened species through wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, habitat protection, public education and professional training.
Location: Subic Philippines
Specifics about cost, in- & excluded:
The fee depends on the number of participants
Visit to Ocean Adventure marine theme park, right next door to Camayan Beach.
What to bring:
swimsuit, sunblock, hiking shoes, an open mind and compassion!
‘Subic is a beautiful area, and very quiet compared to Manila! I enjoyed the beach there and visited the El Kabayo stables, in this place it feels like you’re back in time, the old but beautiful stables makes you think you’re in the Wild West.
I saw some monkeys on the way, and was also able to volunteer with Dolphins because there was a wounded dolphin brought in that week. It was a very special experience!’
Maaike, The Netherlands